Why Uncharted DIY?
Have you ever wanted to do a project and can’t find any information on how to do it?
Have you thought, “If only… it was the right size, was available for purchase or even existed, was affordable, in my hands today, etc.?”
Uncharted DIY focuses on:
- Inexpensive solutions without elaborate resources, and with quality results
- Using commonplace tools, sometimes in unusual ways
- Reviewing and demonstrating new or interesting tools
- Creating totally custom solutions to unique problems rather than settling for off-the-shelf products that don’t fit your need or aesthetic
- Using existing items in ways they were not originally intended
- Taking pride in a creative job well done
- Saving things from obsolescence and going to a landfill. Throwing away the habits of a throw-away world
- One-of-a-kind creations with soul, energy, personality. Character that can’t be bought
- Adding your personal touch, making it uniquely yours
- Knowing what is going into a project, that it was done right, and how it works
- Gaining new knowledge and skills
- An outlet for your creative expression. Simply having fun and reducing the stress of daily living
- Imbuing the love and care many hired professionals would not have time for
Steve DiMasi Uncharted Steve
For me, if I save money or time doing a DIY project, that is an added bonus—though not necessarily my main motivation. I am obsessed with making everything around me as efficient and user friendly as possible.
With a small house and usually a small budget to work with, I take it as a personal challenge to find creative ways to fix things, improve them or to dream up completely new items with unique functionality.
Most of all, I love having an idea spring to life from my very own hands, and hope to inspire others to do the same!